+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LED lighting

Re: LED lighting

I thought the white was better, at first.
    Guess I was wrong. Second time in my life, I was wrong about a covert mission back in 1986.

Do not know if blue will be better, will have to wait. I just ordered blue panel yesterday.

I don't know about more wattage, I place the panel only about 1.5 inch from screen. It appears to work OK.
    I did read on a University of Texas website that to much light can cause photo aversion, whatever that is,
    but doesn't sound good. I would like to try a 55w panel, maybe later though.

Happy scrubbibg to you all. :mrgreen:
    CW3 Wentling, USA, INF, INSCOM, AVN (Ret)

Just an experiment.

This sucker spilling a small amount of light over my weir during the day has created the picture below in two weeks.

The light is a cheapy chinese 120w w:b 1w led. It works as far as I can tell.

Rossco, what size is panel ? x ? How many LEDs ? Total wattage ?

The LEDs are 1 watt LEDs ?? Thanks for the info. :mrgreen:

I'll get the tape out later for the dimension. Roughly 8x16inches or 200x400mm. It is a 120w unit with 1w leds.
    http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 9&t=209183
    If you have a read you will learn all there is to know about the light and what it is like dealing with a supplier in china.

My panel of 225 LEDs only cost $42.00, but of course they are not 1 watters. They also do not require fans or controllers.
    I only use mine for the ATS and not my tank. They also have 12" x 12" panel of LEDS that are .5 watt for $115.

I would hate to spend $600.00 for two, for an ATS light source.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you misread my post. This light is for my corals. It also runs the small experimental scrubber in my weir with a smal amount of wasted light.
    I was just trying to show that the colour was quite capable of growing algae

My bad.

I tried to use led light before and I can attest that it is better than the other light bulbs. It consumes less electrical power. For now, I don’t want to try HID light bulb because it consumes much electricity though it is the brightest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information