+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SantaMonica 120?

Unhappy SantaMonica 120?

Is it still possible to order one thru hastings? Will pretty much any plastics company be able to build one if given the design? I may need to modify the lengths a bit for various other tanks(156g and 65g). A few other questions about it. Is there anything you found out over time that you wanna modify to your original design? minor tweaks etc?
    Also I may not be able to get enough flow from just my overflows. Would a separate pump running just the scrubber be the best way of doing it?

Administrator

Re: SantaMonica 120?

That's actually my current project... re-designing it with improvements. Hastings has the almost-finished plans and will be giving me an estimate as soon as the guys gets back in. The biggest change is adding a splash guard over and under the lights; it's also being slightly re-sized to exactly fit the lights. Now it's a "100" instead of a 120. And it will be using black acrylic to block the light.

You can use it as-is on your 156 or your 65; just remove a bulb or two for the 65. It's always a good idea to have identical equipment that you can swap and move around as needed. If your overflow can't do it, you can use an Eheim 1260 or 1262 (I use both).

I want to build one using the new plans first, before I post the plans.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information