+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will 10000K Metal halide work ?

Will 10000K Metal halide work ?

I m thinking of buying a 10000K metal halide and as my ATS is in the tank(to be precises just above the tank water surface),and it ll be lighted by the same halide as other part of tank,will it work ?
    Or should I put a 6500 K near it but the ATS ll still get light from halide.So,ll it work ?

Re: Will 10000K Metal halide work ?

1) 2700k is MUCH better.

2) You want the scrubber lit about 18hrs a day. Generally you don't want the tank lights ON anywhere near that much. So off hand I think your plan is um.. not great. :lol:

I guess 12 hours wont hurt either.And I m running extremely tight on space so tight that I'm skimmer less,sump less,fuge less and every other thing out of the tank minus.
    Trying a 3000K light over the ATS ll lit my tank too so that's why I was thinking of 6500-6700K PC bulb.
    The tank is 20G.
    The problem here is we dont get much appliance for aquatics here.No aragonite, no calcium/magnesium test kits,no reliable LFS,no online shopping.That is quite hard for an aquatic hobbyist.The some out dated thing available here are out outrageously priced.A 1.5 year old complete reef test kit for nearly around 90 $.75 W metal halide fixture for nearly 500$.
    So, I m all on my own.

Wow - where are you? Can you not buy from ebay vendors who ship internationally?

If you don't have space in the tank could you do an enclosed version off to one side (as per the many designs on this forum)? Maybe with some photos of the setup people might be able to offer ideas.

No Online shopping ,we dont have anything like walmarts or PetCo too.
    Its not that I live in some village though.Its just people aren't that comfortable with super stores or any thing like that.The LFS here have the most unbelievable fishes @ extremely cheap prices(Picasso trigger 5" for around 25$,a pair of adult discus for 18$,turqious rainbow pair for 3$,betta for .20 cent!) because of our Indo-Pacific zone and also because Indonesia,Singapore and many tropical world wide exporters are our neighbors.
    I ll be placing loop Velcro over the plastic surface as I couldn't find and plastic screen here.
    If I used 6500 K metal halide ll it be good ?
    & what is the minimum distance in that case ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Plastic shade cloth would also work

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information