+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pre-made SM100 scrubbers

Administrator

Pre-made SM100 scrubbers

After waiting 18 months for someone to start making scrubbers, I thought somebody would have started selling them by now. So I'm going to be offering a pre-built scrubber, almost exactly like my current one, to someone who needs a strong, compact version. I am having the box made at an acrylic shop, and then finishing it myself. The lighting units are the newest versions of the ones I'm using now, and the bulbs will be changed out to 3000K. Will have more info shortly.

Re: Pre-made scrubber

Excellent!

My wife green lighted a new 120g yesterday and I want to go skimmerless.

Administrator

Here are the acrylic plans if anyone want to build it. Main improvements are a shelf at the top and bottom; the top one keeps water off of the light when you lift the pipe out, and the bottom shelf keeps water from splashing up from the sump onto the light. They both act as a light-holder, and are positioned exactly to hold a Current Nova Extreme 24 inch T5HO lighting unit.

full size: http://www.radio-media.com/fish/100.jpg

I have a 90 gallon tank that I am ready to convert to an Algae Scrubber!! If you willing to sell a premade scrubber please let me know.

Thanks

Justin

Administrator

The lighting units: Current model 1127, with bulbs replaced with 3000K. The units fit into the sides of the scrubber, between the upper and lower shelves. 48 watts each unit, for a total of 96 watts on the scrubber:

Nice how much there santa?

Administrator

Oceanic sorry I did not see your post.

Still waiting on the finished acrylic box, which is what most of the cost is for. Everything else is standard... lights, pipe, screen.

Also I don't know if the extra items should be included: Pipe union, drain bulkhead, black tubing. These are standard aquarium items but nevertheless might be a hassle to track down and buy. Maybe two versions: One with just the acrylic, and one with lights, union, drain, tubing.

The idea for this scrubber is for it to be able to be external if desired. It could sit on top of a tank and drain in, or it could sit on a nearby shelf, and drain back. For this, everyting must be opaque black (including the tubing) to block the light.

I'd be interested in the acrylic box (box only) as well. Will be following this for price info. Already have most of the plumbing/lighting on-hand so this would be pretty easy.

Oh... and very sleek design there! 8-)

Administrator

Here is the first box; 7 pounds of acrylic. Pics are with my 8 year old cam since my new one got stolen; will do a better write-up with pics when I get my replacement cam installed.

Here the lid and the one light is slid back:

Nice. Doesn't look cheap when I think what my Vertical cost and that included NO labor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information