+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pre-made SM100 scrubbers

Administrator

Re: Pre-made scrubber

Same for yours: Unless you are feeding the corals with continuous liquid food, then 2 of the acrylics will do it, since I'm assuming you have something going already. More info would help, however.

You can make/manufacture anything, but you don't wan't just a single "larger" screen; you want multiple smaller screens. Optimum is three screens, two pumps, and two lights.

Hi

As I said I have a working Aquarium of 250 gallons and I want to try your ATS.
    The thing is that Ive never tried ATS before. Ive read quite a lot about it and I know the theory which I wanted to try on my own aquarium. Right know im going with Zeovit system which I want to go away from, along with the skimmer and carbonfilter. I do add some liquid foods for corals and other additives from KZ.
    What else information do you need. If necessary then Ill order two. Or your recommandation of an optimal system.
    I have one small problem though. The first is that the t5 lamps r not available in Europe where I live. Is there any chance that any other Lamp can fit to the ATS.
    I was thinking of this lamp
    http://www.aquaristic.net/shop.php/cl/d ... nid/161110

Administrator

Ok it does not sound like you feed the corals a lot if they are just "additives". So 2 of the scrubbers should do the job fine, and you can clean one every 5 days or so.

The light-fixture that you linked to would work, but it's 8 inches wide, so it would not fit into the shelves. I could leave the top shelf off, and then the lights would be taller than the top of the scrubber, and you would attach them to themselves somehow.

Another option is to just get a cheap power converter that can handle 100 watts (both lights together are about 100 watts)...

http://www.110220volts.com/7-ss100w.html

You can get them cheap at your local department or electronics store. I asked the maker of the lights (Current) and they said they have people use converters a lot.

SANTA MONICA WROTE: You can make/manufacture anything, but you don't wan't just a single "larger" screen; you want multiple smaller screens. Optimum is three screens, two pumps, and two lights.

Can you explain this version. I do feed my fish a lot because of a high population and the corals i am expecting to feed perhaps onceor twice a week with mysis or so. Its just to have the best possible conditions for my aquarium so i dont have to upgrade again in the future.
    If it comes out ill just get the lamps your selling if they run at 240 volts.

Administrator

As your livestock gets more expensive, you want redundancy. The more screens/bulbs/pumps you have the less you are affected if one goes out. Also, you don't get a nutrient spike by cleaning a single screen.

Great design Santa! I'm sure a lot of people (not just me) are drooling over the thought of having this.

I have a couple of questions:

Can you put together an order form with a price break-down for the different 'options' you are offering (i.e. light box only, light box with plumbing/screen etc., full package)? Also, with order information, how to place order, when to expect order, payment options. And anything else I forgot :P

Will you be able to modify the design slightly (i.e. adjust the U slot size to accommodate a 1" slotted drain pipe)?

My current set-up is a 55g heavy load reef with custom fuge skimmer and ATS. Due to space constraints of the 55 (way too much LR) I will be transitioning to a 120 in the coming weeks. The load will remain the same as the 55 and I am fairly certain 100" sq ATS will be adequate with a fuge and skimmer rated at 100g.

I am teetering on trying my hand at building another light box versus buying one of your slick Santa Monica's. This info will help me decide.

I'm sure you've been told before but, thank you for getting this ATS thing going. I have a beautiful tank all thanks to you.

Administrator

Happy to see your current one working well!

I'm not quite at the shopping cart level yet, but the versions are:

1. Everything in pics: $649 USD
    2. Everything in pics except lighting units: $489 USD
    3. Acrylic box alone: $289 USD

Payment can be by check, paypal or credit card. Takes about 3 weeks to make the box; most of this is waiting for the acrylic guy to make the box, so I can finish it. Shipping seems to be about $40 in the U.S., and over $100 for overseas.

Probably should not modify the box... is working pretty well already; perfect coverage of the screen; I'm taking growth shots now and will post shortly. It already does accept, and comes with, a 1" feed pipe. And the drain is already a 1" drain bulkhead.

Thanks for the reply. I remeber reading somewhere it was a 3/4" pipe. This puts my mind at ease; hate converting.

I will definatly be adding one or more of these to my next system shortly. My hack-job acrylic lightbox should hold me over till then.

When I am ready to order what would be the best way to place an order?

Thanks.

Administrator

Just PM your email, for either cc or paypal.

Administrator

A note about the 7 day growth pics I just put up:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=502#p4172

...the original scrubber is still operating; so this new 100 is pulling out nutrients on top of what the older one is. And sure enough, even with the liquid feeding, P has dropped in one week to absolutely clear (used to be a slight blue, just under .015). So I'm increasing my liquid feeding from 4 to 6 ml/day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information