Ive just moved out of the parental home recently so the last couple of weeks has been hectic, and admittedly haven't had time to clean the screen, maybe twice in two weeks (which is obviously bad for this kind of growth). Also haven't had time to do water changes.

The scrubber needs to be refurbished if i want to take more out more phosphates. In my next system, the next design will have more concentrated light, more flow, shielded bulbs, and a reflective box made out of white paint covering the bulbs, also fans blowing on the bulbs. I found that the T5's have better par and last longer with active cooling, so i guess there will be more efficiency this way as well.

If I was to do it again or refurbish this one id;

Paint the inside of the box white with the waterproof/reef safe paint
Somehow fix the plumbing so more flow gets the scrubber (the plumbing is ridiculous at the moment).
Put it in the sump
put a splash guard over the bulbs
computer fans pointing at the bulbs
Have the main tank siphon go to one end of the ATS and then my T'd off pump go to the other (basically i'd need a new sump to accommodate for the ATS)
NOT have the screens overlapped. Right now its single sided on both sides and double in the centre, its too hard to calibrate the flow. I get good flow on the sides and patchy flow through the centre.

oh yer the bulbs are 4 inches away

Feeding strained mysis one day, cyclopeeze the next, and half a sushi sheet every day.