+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

well just like to tell you all , after 6months of trial and error . i'am now growing green , only problem now is had to totally strip tank down to replace stand .GUTTED

Re: yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cool. I'm a pretty handy guy but can't seem to get going on a scrubber.

how do you mean mate getting te green stuff growing or the building of one ?

The building of one. I got the concept and all, but doesn't seem to be any working room in my stand under my tank. I'd like to base it off of a tank the same size as my current sump. But seems the hieght of it might be a factor and I can't convince myself to dismantle my sump/refugium.
    I will say I shut down my skimmer though and love the quiet. I figured doing that would push me into action.
    I keep doing searches to find something that resembles what I have in mind of what it should or what I think I'd like it to look like. No luck yet.

Administrator

Post pics of your sump from different angles

Here you go. Just lost a bunch of info crap I typed by going back and forth one here. Arhhhgg....
    Anyway. I'm going to look for a shallower tank than I have to build an AS. Current sump is 19inches tall inside a 24 inch stand. Realize I'll have to retard flow from display to maintain a lower water level in sump so not to submerge screens too much. Plan on using overflow to feed scrubber to keep from adding another pump if I can. Input is always appreciated.

Santa Monica isn't that far from me. I wonder what kind of Subway sandwiches and beer he likes?

you could build a box to fit in side you sump and have the screen say 20in by 5 in light with t5 on both sides that would give you a 100 gallon scrubber

Administrator

Meatball sub sounds good

"you could build a box to fit in side you sump and have the screen say 20in by 5 in light with t5 on both sides that would give you a 100 gallon scrubber"

Ocean. Do you mean 20l and 5h running over the top of my fuge? Hm... Then I keep my refugium too and maybe run a pump just for it. There just happens to be 24" of length and the top of those baffles sit 6" below the top of the sump. Hmm.... Would something like these work?
    http://www.arcadianlighting.com/nora-nuls.html

Ah! Got SantaMonicas attention now. Hot meatball sandwiches are the ticket huh? Do I smell a lunch and build?

Administrator

We could take a look at it, for sure.

That bulb link is for non high output. Too weak. You want T5 HO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information