+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Longlasting t5 light

Longlasting t5 light

Hey guys. I saw these t5 bulbs. They are about twice as expensive as normal t5 bulbs but on the other hand they will last for 10000 hours "that more than a year and 3 months with 18 hours a day"
    http://www.dennerle.eu/en/index.php?opt ... Itemid=100
    You can get them in 3000 kelvin but there is one thing that i was wondering about. their uv stop that possess a special UV Stop protective foil which filters out UV light under 400 nm to prevent algae growth. Algae is what i want does it have any importance with their uv stop or will it still work.

Moby

Banned

Re: Longlasting t5 light

It says...

"Anti-algae effect"

so I dare say you'd be better avoiding those really.

Administrator

Re: Longlasting t5 light

It's not how long they last, it's how long they stay intense. You can't tell the difference by looking at them, which is why the rule is to replace them every 3 months. But at less that $5 USD each for these, it's a good deal:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/F24T5-High-Output-3000K

...I'm sure there are similar cheap bulbs in the U.K. All bulbs start out strong; some, like hi-temp or rough-service bulbs, stay stronger longer. But unless you have a light meter, and are measuring the output, it's safer to just get cheap bulbs and replace every 3 months.

Also, the "anti-algae" feature of the bulb you posted may be a problem; never seen that before.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information