+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Scrubber Results

My Scrubber Results

Well i have a ten gallon nano reef .The nitrates in this tank were always around 20ppm , the filtering was a skimmer + small cannister filter and 10 pounds of live rock in the tank. Four weeks ago i found this site and decided to build a scrubber I went for a one sided 30 degree sloping design the screen is 10 inch long by 2 inches wide and lit by 2 8watt linear t5 3500k tubes flow about 200 litres per hour . Two weeks ago i took out the skimmer , Today my nitrates in the tank hit 0 for the first time ever thanks to this site.

Re: MY SCRUBBER RESULTS

Sweet!! Congrats.
    I am surprised you did not take out the canister filter first. Those are nitrate factories.
    Or at least slowly take out the media. Rather scary to do that all at once on a nano.

Administrator

Yay!

The cannister filter is still running the outfeed from it is what supplies the scrubber.

Administrator

You can remove it if you want.

I could remove it but as it goes in a cabinet under the tank all i did was remove the media from it. This way i don't need another pump in the tank to power the scrubber. I had no problem taking out the media as it was only 2 blocks of sponge that i used to trap some particles from the water and was never a biological filter as i used to wash the sponge in tap water every few days.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information