+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buyer beware

buyer beware

I won't go into any details, but DO NOT use a credit card to make a purchase...you will regret it as I sure am!!!!!!!!!!

Re: buyer beware

pay with cookies makeses happy tummys

Administrator

We'll leave his post here, and not remove it, since everyone should have an opinion. But since he posted his opinion, I'll post the facts. Here are his recent texts:

"My acct was debited another 645 dollars. WTF r u doing? Call me immediately."

I texted to get his fax number, so I could first fax him his card activity, which shows that no new charge was done at all by me. He texts:

"Don't want a fax. I want a phone call. Chk ur web pm's, then call me."

He sent no new pm. So to protect him I reported his card number stolen to my bank/card processor, and to the local police department, and emailed the info to him (copied below), and said I would call shortly after he had a chance to review. He texts:

"Nothing in my email. I'm checking into work in 10 minutes."

I called that moment, and got his voice mail, and explained that someone has stolen his card number and is using it, since we have not made any charges at all in the last ten days. He texts:

"My bank dispute is with you, not your merchant server. My accounts are closed. Nice Story. Thanks for the headache asshole."

Note, that neither his bank nor his card company has contacted me at all, about anything. I just got off the phone (2pm PST, 6/25/10) with First Data (who does the charging for Wells Fargo, and the chargeback deparment says that he has not done anything, or called anybody, to complain about any charges at all. Also, I have not been contacted by his local police department, which I would have been had he reported the stolen number to his local PD the way the credit cards recommend to if there is theft or unwarranted activity.

So I'll leave it to the reader to determine who he really is and what he was actually trying to accomplish.

-----copy---------

JP Morgan / Chase
    Houston ICS
    fax:866-611-####

Attn: Stolen Cards / ID theft

The following card number was given to us over the phone, for a purchase:

4282 0870 #### ####
    exp XX/XX
    Cardholder: XXXXX XXXXXXXXX

We originally charged it for $645 (auth # XXXXXXX), then voided it, but
    apparently the void did not go through. Then we called First Data to
    manually refund it (ref# XXXXXX). We also manually tried to charge $345
    (auth XXXXX), which did show up as being charged. This was the correct
    amount that was supposed to have been charged originally. But the cardholder
    accused us of NOT refunding the original $645. Then today (6/24/10) the
    cardholder accused us of charging an additional $645, which we did not do,
    and have no auth # for, and no money has shown up in our account from.
    Cardholder now thinks we have stolen and are on a buying spree with his card
    number. I can only think that someone at First Data is charging the card and
    somehow keeping the money, and not giving it or the auth # to us.

We have reported this as a stolen card number to the Santa Monica Police
    Dept on 6/24/10 (incident # XXXXX, officer XXX, # XXXX). We have also
    reported to Wells Fargo / First Data (auth XXXXXX) but they are unable to
    do anything.

We are trying to refund all of the $645 and $345 that we did indeed charge,
    but we have no control over the person at First Data or elsewhere who is
    charging the card without are knowledge.

Please have all charges from us blocked on this card, and all $645 and $345
    completely refunded to the cardholder.

A day of a cpl bounced checks, and an emberrassing visit to costco with a basket full of groceries, only to have your credit card denied, would probably force anyone to react as I did. Some words I used probably weren't the best. Once again, I was overcharged about $1300 bucks. Most of us I'm sure would have reacted in the same manner.

I think a more appropriate response to my buyer beware post would have been just to clearly state that there was some serious billing issues which were regrettable, but were being worked out. My post only stated not to use a credit card for other potential buyers. Yes, everyone is probably thinking, why didn't he just use paypal. Yes I should have created a pay pal acct but I am just too busy(70+hr work week) and it seemed as though using my cc would be no big deal, quick and easy.

Bottom line, still trying to get the last bit of funds retrieved from the overcharges, and all I really want is one of these super cool scrubbers, even after all that has gone down. This guy has a killer product that's a fact. It's very unfortunate what took place with the billing process.

Said and done.
    If I were a mod. I'd close this one.

Agree, but really for 180rftank to say.
    Seems like an unfortunate mixup, nothing dishonest.
    Usually best to flush an accidental flame war.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information