+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clean up crew before scrubber?

Clean up crew before scrubber?

Just starting my 1st tank. Should I add my CUC while i am waiting for my scrubber? I do have some small BA and wanted to get an emerald crab to get going on it. I also have bright green algae growing on the sand and some of the rocks as well as little brown algae that looks like little trees.
    The tank has been up and going for 16 days with no spikes. I read I could throw in a piece of raw shrimp to get it to spike. I have new live sand and LR that has been in the tank for years and new saltwater.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Lightbulb Re: Clean up crew before scrubber?

just get the scrubber up and running soon has

Re: Clean up crew before scrubber?

Were you going to finish that thought??? I dont have the scrubber yet the I got green hair algae sprouting everywhere. I had the lights out for a few days which helped but SM100 said to turn them back on. So I did. All water prams are good but something is feeding the algae. Could it be the lights??? they are 2 years old (came with the tank) and I have been waiting to order a new fixture instead of repalcing bulbs that i wont use.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information