+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q's about my SM100 scrubber

Q's about my SM100 scrubber

Im trying to hook up my scrubber i bought from you and I have some questions,

1. I am going to set it on my sump. Should i remove the lid and the blue tray with all the holes in it? Then let the tank overflow just drain straight down into the sump and let the drain hole from the scrubber drain into the same chamber?

2. Can I switch the tube and screen assembly around opposite of the drain hole? I noticed the inlet is on the same end of the drain is there a reason?

3. If you use a larger pump will it still drain properly.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Administrator

Re: Q's about my SM100 scrubber

1. Yes

2. You can switch.

3. It will drain good as long as the water is no more than 1 inch deep inside the scrubber. You can always put a valve on the pump, to slow the water down if you get more than 1 inch.

Thanks ! I did a test run today but I did not have it on top of the sump and was using a flexible hose for the drain it did not drain fast enough and was filling the chamber. Im using a Rio HF 17 pump rated at 1090gph Its all the LFS had. Is this WAY to much?
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Administrator

You probably will need to put a valve, or use smaller tubing, to get the flow down. It's good that the pump is big though because later on as it starts getting weaker, it will be able to keep up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information