+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im scrubbing now!

Lightbulb Im scrubbing now!

I did it, its all hooked up and running great. Pics to come soon.

I was going to use a rio 1090gph pump but it was way to much, it filled the chamber all most to the top! I am using a rio 590 gph for now it fills the screen with water all the way across the screen and the screen sits in about 1 inch of water
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Administrator

Re: Im scrubbing now!

Yes pics, pics. Especially if you can do the screen from day to day. Weekly N and P measurements would be nice too.

Well, everything is at 0. Here is the link to the Pics I cant seen to figure out how to load the pics on here.

The green ones on the bottom are from 4 days ago I will take new ones tomorrow.

http://picasaweb.google.com/piratefish9 ... 7836295282
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Administrator

Pics of the scrubber, not the tank

Okay I have a problem with my camera :evil: I don't have much growth on the screen yet. I have cleaned it once now, and checked it today there seems to be more growth but nothing like thick long strands of algae more like a fine green coating. I still only have the CUC in the tank, so Im guessing that there is no load on the tank?

I am getting some micro bubbles in the DT. Should the drain from the scrubber be submerged in the sump water or should it sort of splash into the sump? (mine is splashing) I did put a nylon strainer bag on the end of the drain tube but it is collecting algae, I think that is not a good idea? But it did help with the bubbles.
    If the drain tube is submerged will it back up into the screen chamber?

There is MUCH less algae in the DT !

Administrator

It should not splash. Just put a tube on the drain; a loose fit is fine. The tube can sit on the bottom of the sump, and you can drill holes in it so that the water can get out.

Thanks ! I just didn't want to have a flood

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks and my second cleaning. Still not much growth. I added a fish today a green gumdrop goby so we'll see what happens now. I also ordered new light for the tank and they will be here in a few days. When I get them hooked up I am going to move the scrubber above the tank instead of on top of the sump. Still fighting micro bubbles although I did fix most of the bubble problem. I am also going to use my larger pump cause where there is more flow I am getting more growth.

Administrator

After you are feeding a cube of food a day, you will start growing much more.

Second cleaning and I have a nice thin layer of green algae. I have started to feed the 2 corals and one small fish. SM100 you were right now Im getting more growth. Everything is still at 0. The last 2 patches of HA in the sand is 98% gone! I would like to post Pics but my camera is toast :cry:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information