+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im scrubbing now!

Re: Im scrubbing now!

If that were my tank I would remove bioballs and put in a small skimmer to clean out particulate. You might be competing bioballs against scrubber for ammonia.

Those were old pix. My only filter is the scrubber that sits on top of the sump. I got the tank for free and it was looking really bad.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

So I did my weekly cleaning today and I had some algae in the bottom of the scrubber. So I cleaned it all out and I have coralline growing on the clear plexi glass. I scraped it off but I didn't know it would grow under that type of lighting. Is that normal?
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Administrator

Yes it grows in mine too. You can leave it on the bottom since that gives more rough surface to grab onto. Use vinegar to clean it off the glass so you don't scratch it.

I cleaned my screen the other day and I noticed that I am having to use my finger nail to scrub off the algae. It kind of feels like wet dog fur. Still not totally bright green but getting there. Also I started dosing iron and its seems to help.

Administrator

I'm now using a hack saw blade, to remove the brown turf which tries to take over. I want just bright green to grow.

Update, I am stil not getting bright green growth, but everthing is at 0 so its working. I have upgraded to a 1090gph (which I have had but it would almost fill the chamber thats fixed now)pump from the old 540gph cause I can not afford the Eheim 1262. http://picasaweb.google.com/piratefish9 ... 1486105506
    http://picasaweb.google.com/piratefish9 ... 5906315298
    http://picasaweb.google.com/piratefish9 ... 5358680226

Administrator

Are you taking the screens out and cleaning the slot each time?

Are you feeding?

Yes every seven days, come hell or high water :mrgreen:

I feed two cubes everyday... plus 1/8Tsp PhytoFeast and 1/8 Tsp CoralFrenzy every other day

I tried using Iron but I was still using the smaller pump. The screen has more growth on it now and this is only the second week of the larger pump.

Yes I do clean the slot every week as well. The blubs are new. My second set since it has been set up.

Like I said water is perfect never any thing elevated and lots of pods.

I was thinking about testing for silicates? No copper either, dont know if that matters?

Administrator

Let it go 10 days next time and see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information