+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only using ATS for filteration

Only using ATS for filteration

can u just use ATS for your filteration system..? i mean not even use the sponge filter. So only Algae scrubber.
    (in this case i just wanna remove the NO3 and PO4) coz i dont have coral, mostly fish only n a few mushroom

Administrator

Re: Only using ATS for filteration

Yes.

See the faq for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica
    Yes.

See the faq for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68
    well, dat interesting... how bout using active carbon to make the water crystal clear..? or maybe the algae can make the water crystal clear too..?

Administrator

If it's a reef, you don't want crystal clear. You want it like a reef, which is food particles, and dissolved organics, in the water to feed the corals. That's why the ocean grows corals so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica
    If it's a reef, you don't want crystal clear. You want it like a reef, which is food particles, and dissolved organics, in the water to feed the corals. That's why the ocean grows corals so fast.
    ooww ok.. im not really good at marine aquarium ops: i thought crystal clear water is good for everything.

Since you've made the choice to scrub instead of skim. It shows you have an open mind, and the concept of a sterile tank display will soon be gone. Don't let others sway you from your decision. Because there are lots of naysayers out there.
    I've only been scrubbing since Feb. and the fact that all I do is feed my fish and add top off now is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sklywag
    Since you've made the choice to scrub instead of skim. It shows you have an open mind, and the concept of a sterile tank display will soon be gone. Don't let others sway you from your decision. Because there are lots of naysayers out there.
    I've only been scrubbing since Feb. and the fact that all I do is feed my fish and add top off now is amazing.
    yea dats right, for somehow.. when i found dis website. it really really really attract me sooo much.! and now im making my ATS, ( copycat from santamonica 100) :lol: :lol:
    coz dat design is simple n effective.
    I really hope when my ATS ready to go. it'll work as it should... if its not.. then im hopeless with this nitrate n phosphate

No you're not. Because there are simpler designs. A $1(when on sale) Home Depot bucket, 2 CFLs from the 99 cent store, 2 $8 shop light reflectors from HD, $3 screen from fabric store, your plumbing and you're done. If you're planning a SM100 copy you must have skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sklywag
    No you're not. Because there are simpler designs. A $1(when on sale) Home Depot bucket, 2 CFLs from the 99 cent store, 2 $8 shop light reflectors from HD, $3 screen from fabric store, your plumbing and you're done. If you're planning a SM100 copy you must have skills.
    i'm Half done at the moment . its not exactly like the " SM100 " but the design ( the style). the important thing, i hope this devise work as good as SM100

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information