+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nano 25 slot and flow

nano 25 slot and flow

sm,

I am using 1/2" PVC for the tubes in my nano. I can not get any way near the even flow that you achieve in your video. I have tried a 1/8" and 1/4" slots, however ,the flow goes all in the middle and none on the ends. I did get better flow with the 1/8" slots. I noticed in your video that there was little to no flow on the back of the screen, are you using a single screen or did you back you screen with something? Should I use square tubing? Any help would be appreciated. I am using a stronger pump, with a value to throttle down the flow.

Thanks,
    Tim R

Administrator

Re: nano 25 slot and flow

I'm using a 1/16 slot, angled at the wall. The screen does not go into the slot. It's tricky, and it's why it's taking a while.

Do you cut the slot the length of the screen(stop cuts) or do you cut it the length of the tube. I would assume since you use a micro table saw you cut the whole length of the tube. How did you attach the screen? Does the pipe have to be square? In your flow video you talk about a solid backing, is the screen backed with a porous material?

I really appreciate all your help, I could not have built a copy of your Nano 25 with out it.

Thanks,
    Tim

Administrator

I'll be posting details soon. Too much to write about for now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information