+ Reply to Thread

Thread: troubles and congrats !

troubles and congrats !

santamonica : YOU should be so proud of this website !! all I can say is excellent !!! we needed this...thanks alot.

now in case you dont remember I have the old mmfi scrubber I just fired up...
    I am having a hard time growing any good algae in the scrubber...but it has overwhelmed my main tank..(hair algae all over the rocks)
    seems there is some very strange nitrogeneous trace element in my tap water that not even an r/o double di will remove..
    It causes stringy green/deep brown hair algae to proliferate on hard substances like sand and rock...but I cant get much good growing on the scrubber screens..
    so I think I will order a seed from inland...and put alot of herbivores in the display...and see if i can get the balance right..

BTW just a tip from the past- the 2 best bulbs i have seen for growing algae in the scrubber are the 9325 k ge bulbs that used to come standard in the aga strip light (pc)
    and second- phillips colortone 75-almost matches sunlight exactly...
    I am planning to change to this combo also this week to see if that helps..

any comments from you appreciated SM...

Administrator

Re: troubles and congrats !

Welcome back! Thanks should actually go out to Worley, who is the guru who created and keeps this site going.

Strange RODI problem; from my understanding, the DI should handle any N in the water. Maybe you can post in the RODI vendor forums and ask them.

Thanks for the word on your favorite bulbs. Mike at IA recommends 10k bulbs, so yours and his are close.

Will be neat seeing the resurrection of your mmfI scrubber.

Re: troubles and congrats !

I'll keep you posted with pics in a week..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information