+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED Scrubbers

Administrator
    I like this one...
    http://www.growlight.cn/44W-strip.asp

... apparently has a power supply, and no fan.

Banned
    You gotta love these China companies. I mean who do they think they're kidding. The pics of the plants and tanks at the bottom of the page? 2 of them for sure are showing a different fixture in use. And I love the line "Do not touch and beat products while working." haha. Man I wish a US company made these at a decent price I'm sick of this china BS

Banned
    Here is a light I designed and help build for a friends Hydro setup. 48 China LEDs running at 650mA (24 LEDs per meanwell driver, 2 series of 12), dimmable blues and reds, growing some super hot peppers (Ghost, Butch-T, etc). Cost was about $120 total for the light. Since he is growing a "flowering plant" more blues are needed than what we use for algae. He ended up taking the optics off the center 4 rows because it was way to intense in the center, as you can see in the bottom picture. Now the spread is perfect and plants are growing fast (he has a T5HO bucket to the side to see the difference in growth between correct spectrum LEDs vs 2700k T5HOs). The only reason I mention this is because the pictures in the China link above seem to be feasible to me, not saying they are accurate pictures because the lower plant ones seem to have white light on them, but what I see in the top picture should work fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    "Do not touch and beat products while working." haha.

I liked this one....

LED Grow Light be of high power with mental housing

http://www.cidly.com/html/en/LED_Grow_Light.html

Banned
    You haven't heard of the new "mental housing"? Where have you been? That is all the rage now.. all you have to do is think about the lights turning on, and they turn on!

Gotta love "engrish" translations.

Banned
    ROLMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Ace25 View Post
    Here is a light I designed and help build for a friends Hydro setup. 48 China LEDs running at 650mA (24 LEDs per meanwell driver, 2 series of 12), dimmable blues and reds, growing some super hot peppers (Ghost, Butch-T, etc). Cost was about $120 total for the light. Since he is growing a "flowering plant" more blues are needed than what we use for algae. He ended up taking the optics off the center 4 rows because it was way to intense in the center, as you can see in the bottom picture. Now the spread is perfect and plants are growing fast (he has a T5HO bucket to the side to see the difference in growth between correct spectrum LEDs vs 2700k T5HOs). The only reason I mention this is because the pictures in the China link above seem to be feasible to me, not saying they are accurate pictures because the lower plant ones seem to have white light on them, but what I see in the top picture should work fine.

Thats a really nice build Sir!
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    Ok, I'm now probably going overboard posting this link but I want to reach as many people as possible

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...nes-and-Builds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information