+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pipe Questions?

Pipe Questions?

Finally upgraded to a 609 gph pump which is giving me about a gallon every 10 seconds(Around 350gph). Also lowered my ATS so its closer to tank water level but still above it and changed pipe diameter to 1 inch I.D.
    I'm getting a lot of water gushing to the end of the pipe. Also spraying out in the middle here and there.
    Would you make the slot in the pipe length wider or would you widen the cross slits?
    Thanks again for your help !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Pipe Questions?

I would use a more narrow slot, without slits.

I never thought of that. I'll give it a try. Thanks Again !!

Changed to a pipe with no cross cuts and it works great ! Not squirting out at all like before. Getting a nice constant flow over the screen. Checked my outtake and I'm getting a gallon every 10 seconds now. Much better.
    I had always been judging my gph by what the manufacture said on the chart. After checking my outtake it was quit different.
    I realize now the only way to tell is to check the outtake. But it can be difficult to figure out exactly what size pump you need without trying at least a couple.It seems like you need a pump thats at least double the gph your wanting to deliver to the screen. Thanks for the advice on the pipe SM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information