+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eclips scrubber online

Re: Eclips scrubber online

The algae i see makes the water look like a greenwater culture.

here is some of the water i have taken out as part of a water change.

It could be green water caused by an algal bloom and not phyto. It happened to me once and I thought it was that as well lol. What does your photo period look like on the tank? It could be from the light/sunlight hitting the tank. I know I got it because the tank I had was in direct sunlight while it cycled. Something to think about perhaps.

Not my tank but you can see what it looks like.

Administrator

Definitely a bloom. Some excess nutrients must have been put in some how. Won't hurt anything, and will die off soon as the nutrients are used up.

Photo period has been reduced to a few hours a day for the past week and is keeping it at bay. I noticed when i did this my scrubber started giving me darker algae. so whatever nutrients the bloom was using up is now getting to the scrubber.

Not sure which way to go.
    Keep the normal photperiod to get the bloom to grow fast to use up as much of the nutrients as fast as possible as it would be better at doing this then the scrubber since it has the whole water coloumn to do it

or

reduce the photperiod and let the scrubber do its thing.

other option is to use normal photoperiod and use a 0.5micron filter to remove the algae bloom??

Scrubber is on 16hours lighting time
    tank is on 12hr normally but has only been getting 1-2hours for the past few days.

I got some rock from someone and added it. Turns out it had just been through hypo which he didnt tell me and was prolly full of alot of dead and decaying stuff....

Administrator

Keep the lights on the display. You don't want the nutrients going into the water; it causes brown screen growth, as you found, which does not filter as good as green.

You can mechanically remove the bloom from the display if you want. It probably won't last long.

Its been around 3 weeks now and counting so must have been alot of nutrients....

It is still occurring but not as bad as before. I am finding a lot of dertutis every day building up now I have removed the sand bed. Have been siphonning it out every day. There is no fish currently in the display as treating white spot but the green water is not going away.

Administrator

If it was the dead rock you put in, it might still be going, although it should be finishing up. Are you feeding?

Pics of the screen would help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information