+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RC blocking status: Blocked, as of 4/22/11

Administrator

RC blocking status: Blocked, as of 4/22/11

Currently they are replacing links to us with "Reefcentral.com".

To get around this when it happens, use "algae scrubber dot net" instead.

It's been over two years since I was posting on RC (the original "Mega Powerful" thread). No I did not "leave" there as some folks said; they banned me after I pm'd some people to ask them to look at my thread and give their opinion.

Re: RC is once again blocking links

They also block http://www.reefbuilders.com

I can understand how they view the vendor profit model as a threat by both but suspect it is more political. I have stayed away from RC because of tired of reading newbie threads and bad "expert" advice from members.

I do appreciate your support very much though!!

I'll admit RC is one site I truly can't stand

Too many "Know it all" type people for my likes

They also Block reef addicts, and the founder of that site was an advertizer and even a contributing auther at RC. So I think it's fair to say it's some pretty petty politics.

Phil

PS. You'll find my algae scrubber build at http://www.reefaddicts.com/entry.php/646-Algae-Scrubber

Pretty sure they block links to all other reef forums.

I ve never joined their site (RC) but its sounds simple to me. They are threatened and of coarse they is always the GREED factor.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Re: RC blocking status: Not blocked as of Dec. 16th

Well its a delight to do a user search for "SantaMonica" on RC... people almost hate you for trying something new... a quote from a thread from 2008

"Are you writing people asking them to comment in your thread?
    If so I will suggest you stop that practice."

he later replys to someones comment about his first post...

"He PM'd me to post my comments in a thread I had never seen.
    Obviously I care. And I care for the same reasons I dislike spam in my inbox.
    If PM'ing people to get them to your thread becomes standard practice then it soon be tough to find legitimate PM's you care about."

I find this type of reaction post after post about anything ATS related...

Just read this other guys post...

"Turf scrubbers would work well imo. But you need a turf raceway on your roof, with the sun lighting it for a 10 gallon tank. Algae have one goal, to survive. They will spread to the main tank eventually. Alage are not natures filter, bacteria are. Stick to gfo if you want to keep phosphate low to prevent algae."

Must be the GFO sales man!!!
    I must say, one thing that made me wanna try a ATS was the fact that so many people hated the idea! Either bitter from paying $700+ for a stupid cone filled with bubbles or one of the jerks selling that $700 piece of plastic. :lol: I have done test after test for nitrates and phosphates and I always get zero... :lol: thank you
    I know I found my reading for the week!

Read the "MEGA POWERFULL" thread for the first time yesterday. Thought it was crap the way you got treated on that site Santa

However, searched turf algae on their site and found a thread from 2 years on singing your praises hence how I found this forum.

I just wanted to say I'm glad to find you are still about and helping people find the benifits of scrubbers

I'm going to start my first marine tank (I'm currently running 2 FW planted tanks) and want to try something different as a side project.
    Hopefully as I don't have any preconceived ideas about skimmers etc I will get on well with this.
    I even plan to dose a little N & P to begin with the hopefully bring my algae on lol

Anyway, thanks for your input to the hobby. Chris

Administrator

Good to see you found the info you needed. By the way, you shouldn't need to dose anything... the best thing is to just feed more.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica
    Good to see you found the info you needed. By the way, you shouldn't need to dose anything... the best thing is to just feed more.
    No worries bud. I was gonna dose to test it really lol.

Don't want to add a fish only to end up buying a bigger sytem/more equipment... The wife would kill me, just spent a fortune on a new 80G, fully planted with CO2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information