+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: Santa Monica 100 Acrylic Scrubber $250!

For Sale: Santa Monica 100 Acrylic Scrubber $250!

Santa Monica 100 Acrylic Scrubber, less than a year old. It works great but I don't need it anymore (long story). $250 plus shipping from Tampa. For more information send email to chrissu@microsoft.com

Re: For Sale: Santa Monica 100 Acrylic Scrubber $250!

Email sent.

email sent

Sold!

Re: For Sale: Santa Monica 100 Acrylic Scrubber

I posted my ATS for sale last month and quickly posted a short note saying that it had been sold. The truth is, I never did sell it and instead I just decided to keep it. So here is the story. A month earlier I had installed a 75 gallon refugium for my 92 gal corner tank. I put in a moderate 3" deep sand bed using existing live sand out of my older 14 gal DSB and a little more. After a couple of weeks I removed my ATS thinking that it wasn't needed any longer. A few weeks after that, all still seemed well with no ATS in the mix so I posted the ATS for sale here. Low and behold, I retested my water again for nitrates just to make sure that my water quality was still up and for the first time since before my days of having an ATS about a year ago, I got a Nitrate reading!. It as a good 10-20ppm. Nothing terrible as far as readings go but I realized I had jumped the gun on trying to sell my ATS so I just listed it as sold to stop the influx emails and PMs. I was packing for a business trip that night and didn't have the time to put out a long explanation as to why I was not selling it after all. It turned out to be a good experiment to take the ATS offline for a while and now that I've seen the difference it makes even with a mature tank, a huge refugium, and a DSB, I'm more appreciative of the my ATS than ever.

Video clip I just took a few minutes ago that shows my ATS back up and running again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmPv8fL-sw

Video clip of the tank itself along with my plea to my local Tampa Bay Reef Club Tribe for aquascaping help! (Just took this video last night)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJLoh_Gwmes

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information