+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anybody have LED on display tank?

Re: anybody have LED on display tank?

I have a DIY LED. Parts from Heatsinks USA, ReefLEDLights, WattSupply. They were pretty simple to put together, and I am all in $1200 for the equivalent of 5 AI units. I used the money I "saved" to buy an Apex controller to do sunrise/sunset, among other things...

I have replaced my 3 250 MHs with 3 led units totaling 360 watts about 2 months ago. these units came from luke at reeffiltrations, i cant tell you how much happier i am with leds, these things are are actually stronger (par wise) than my metal halides, at 10 in. above water line. I have seen very good growth on all my sps and lps, with no algae growth whatsoever, of course that may be due to my ATS as well. I think we all know in this hobby LEDs are the future in reef aquaria, that being said, the future is here, IMO. I cant believe how much my elect. bill went down. my water temp stays consistent as well. It was a win win for me as I sold my MHs to pay for the LEDs. Couldnt be more pleased with the switch over.

I have been running a custom LED rig for about a year now. Originally over a 29, moved to a 90 and more than doubled the number of LEDs. I have had some hair algae sprout, but i think it was due to the move and not caring for it like i should.

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=77325

This is the original thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information