+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fully submereged screen

Fully submereged screen

Since my scrubber is running powerfull lights, and it's hard to give it enought flow I was thinking of reconstructing my scrubber to have a acryllic box where the screen can be fully submerged almost to the top?

Inside volume, 85cm wide x 3cm deep x 30cm high. Screen in middle, lit on both sides with the current config I have. Overflow protect at 4/5th of the height and still driving the water through like normal. I'll make a rough sketchup shortly. This design would control water inside the acryllic by valves at the bottom thus giving total control of how much water is covering the algae.

Ideas?

Administrator

Re: Fully submereged screen

Won't work. Can't be under water.

The acryllics are simply a way to create enought water between scrubber and lights, and the turbidity of the water will be the same, only in a different manner. The box itself will be filled, but above waterline in sump or over Dt.

i would say it would work based on that half my scrubber is under water and i notice it does grow but its not as fast growth so maybe something to keep in mind. maybe build it so that half is in and half is out??

If you have enought light it will.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information