+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide me to the right way please

Guide me to the right way please

Hey guys, I've been thinking of making an algae scrubber. But, I have an all in one 51 gallon tank. I was trying to figure a way out by myself for half an year, but now, i want to ask you guys for suggestions.

My tank doesn't have a sump. I was looking at the algae scrubber buckets. But is there any design that lets me go straight from tank to bucket to tank? Because I don't have a sump, what are my options?

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: Guide me to the right way please

Also, i would want this to be as dead silent as can be.(is that possible) I hate noise, thats why i'm getting away from a skimmer, which fits in the AIO.

Administrator

You'll need to build an acrylic unit that is sealed, and put it on top. Basically the same as the 25 that I'm testing...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523&start=10

heres my tank with the back chamber. its 51 gallons

How big of a difference is there between ATS and a refugium? I know ATS have lights closer, but can't you attempt that with a refugium too?

Check it to find out bout scrubber and refugium..
    http://www.algaescrubber.net/forums/vie ... p?f=9&t=67

Steve. You can build a simple scrubber by dropping a pump in the overflow and plumbing it over and into the second section. Or a smaller version of the SM100 Or even the SM100 for super filtering would just sit across the back. You wouldn't need to alter the baffles of the tank either. Infact it would work like a fail safe if the scrubber clogged or something.
    If I were computer and photo shop capable I'd draw on your picture like some do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information