+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new tank coming alive

new tank coming alive

It took me two sump builds to get it right. I went horizontal as you can tell, about 120 sq in.
    I found the fixture at Home Depot. They seem to have alot of damaged ones. Got it for $6 and straightened out the reflector. Also glad i bought my cfl bulbs when I did. HD woke up and quadrupled the price 8-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David S.

Re: new tank coming alive

nice what size system are you running? also on pic number 2 and 3 i notice 2 pipes going up in the return but i only see 1 returning back into the tank, what is it used for?

55gal display, 20 gal sump. The big 1" on rt is the drain from the 600 gph overflow box. On the left is the Mag pump 9.5 with 3/4" return. The second pipe next to it is a "T" with a ball valve off the return for fine tuning of the sump which also relieves pump head pressure.
    David S.

Is there enough room in that sump to handle all the drain down from display if power were to go off?

Yes there is, I also drilled 2, 1/8" holes in the 3/4 tank feed just below the water line from the pump to stop the siphon back into the sump with the power off. :-)
    David S.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information