+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New scrubber questions, and introduction!

Re: New scrubber questions, and introduction!

okie dokie will do. Also the second screen has ripped 3" near the bottom about half way across. This is warping the screen a bit and i'm sure its hindering scrubbing power.

My question is:

1) should I make another screen or just use fishing line and sew up the rip?

2) I clean the screen by scraping it with a dull butter knife, is this ok or should I just use a hard brush?

3) whats the best Kelvin spectrum for the bulbs on the scrubber. Ive seen a few different setups with slightly different kelvins, anywhere from 2500 to 3700, but what kelvin is the "best" for growing?

Thanks again Santa, i'm sure i'm gonna get this all under control one of these days

Administrator

Depends how grown-in the current screen is. If the holes are all filled in, I'd keep it.

Clean it however you need to so that you see plastic when you are done.

2700 or 3000k seem best.

Banned

There is reasoning behind the 2700-3500K spectrum. That light is photosynthetically more intense, watt for watt, then higher K ratings.

Thanks

ok.

phosphates are down to 0.08 but the algae on the rock and sand is still overwhelming and looks bad. it gets progressively worse as the day goes on until lights out.

some people have suggested its cyano and suggested i do a lights-out for 3 days on the DT. what do you think?

Ive changed my return pump to the tank so im getting like 900gph now, as opposed to 300gph before.

I also changed all my T5 bulbs. All bulbs are brand-spankin-new (thanks wayne!)

Should I just continue feeding less? Phosphates are dropping, but the algae isnt getting any better, this is what makes me think its cyano bacteria.

and suggestions SM? Anything in the right direction would be awesome.

thanks

Administrator

If the P is dropping, it's working. Cyano will hold on till the last second, though.

ok thanks i'll just stick it out then and see what happens.

I just lost a very nice mini colony of branching setosa that ive had for over 7 months. my water is excellent besides the phosphates and the algae, so I was just getting worried that the algae might have been the cause.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information