+ Reply to Thread

Thread: history lesson

history lesson

Hey santa , I am sure that I am not alone in asking this... How did you get turned on to scrubbers? How did it all start? Did you work at a waste water treatment plant? Was the first scrubber a success? How long has your tank been running? Did you have a skimmer in the past? Do you have any before and after pics of scrubber/non scrubber tanks?

Administrator

Re: history lesson

I was researching how to keep seahorses in a seagrass tank, and someone compared this to scrubbers (the old-method types), so I built a bucket one and tested it because it was easier than dump style scrubbers. I had a Euro-Reef CS800 with mesh mod, and got rid of it. All the nutrient problems were fixed in a few weeks. Tank has been going 5 years, but only 2.5 years with scrubber-only and no water changes. If you search for "my blue ribbon eel eats", you can see before pics, back when I had sand, N=100, P=3.0, and was paying a "tank expert" $100 per week to "take care of things". Shortly thereafter everything crashed, and all died except the eel. That's when I started doing it myself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information