+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Look what I did today

Look what I did today

And with out too much mess. Some tweeking to do. Reused the screen from my horizontal. Currently running 1 23watt CFL on each side till I figure out something else or if this works. Getting good light penitration through screen for now. Its 8x16 with 1 inch in the water. Kept the two rocks I had in my fuge. That Tupperware thing holds the last of my macro algae(Chaeto) I'm giving to a local reefer. But when he picks it up I'll sell him on scrubbers. I am keeping some because my Tangs like to eat it. Anyway. Tadaa....
    Click on thumbs to make bigger.

Here's my old Horizontal for you that haven't seen it.

Administrator

Re: Look what I did today

If you could replace that reflector it would help a lot...

Yeah, I need to do that. Those were left from when I had four bulbs over the hrzntl. Was thinking bigger ones or maybe using 12 inch PCs hanging vertically in front of the screen. Also need to build a box to go around it to keep salt creep down. I thought I remember you diffused your acrylic somewhere. Or leave it clear?

Administrator

Clear

Boy! Should have gone Vert. a long time ago. Didn't take pictures, but I now have a mean green growing machine. Used to be a brown with green tint thing.
    Sold a kid my old sump/fuge. Came over with his father. His dad was amazed that I had no skimmer and have done no water changes since February. I could see dollar signs popping into his eyes do to savings. This kid seemed pretty smart and did a lot of research. So lets see/hope if we see a new screen name soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information