+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will this work for a 37 gallon hex?

Will this work for a 37 gallon hex?

I am completely new to saltwater. I have had many FW tanks in the past, but now am ready to venture into SW. I have been doing research looking into just about everything. I was dead set on purchasing an Aquapure Nitrate filter, but after reading some on here I am not sure now. My goal is to have everything self contained inside the stand. I am planing on a reef and fish tank. Where do I start?

Administrator

Re: Will this work for a 37 gallon hex?

With the FAQ, if you have not seen it yet...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=68

Well I think I will go with a setup in a 5 gallon bucket as that would fit in the stand under the aquarium. My next question is getting water to the scrubber, I don't have any overflows drilled into the tank. I figure I can use a couple pumps but I am worried abot water levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferMadness
    Well I think I will go with a setup in a 5 gallon bucket as that would fit in the stand under the aquarium. My next question is getting water to the scrubber, I don't have any overflows drilled into the tank. I figure I can use a couple pumps but I am worried abot water levels.
    your hunch is correct. using a pump to bring water to the bucket and another pump for return will pose a lot of problems. water levels is only one of them. better have your tank drilled or install an overflow box in it.

here's an example of an overflow box: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... &subref=AA

it wont break siphon even if the power went out.

having your tank drilled or installing an overflow box, you use only one waterpump for return.

Administrator

Never use two pumps. Only one pump in the bucket, and an overflow or (last resort) siphon in the tank.

Set it up so that if the pump or siphon stops, the bucket will not overfill.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information