Thread: kcress's Turf Scrubber build.

Threaded View

kcress's Turf Scrubber build.

Greetings!
    I'm finally getting my act slowly together.

I'm building a TS that is entirely LED based.

I started initially building a variant of SM's 3G. There are so many technical issues with that style design that it rapidly became unwieldy. The biggest single issue is getting electrical power into the screen itself and then having this connection require a connect/disconnect plug that wouldn't get contaminated in handling and washing the lit-screen once a week. That is a real problem. Also any LEDs used have no opportunity to expand their light patterns. You need about an 1-1/2" for 30 degree LEDs to expand to a reasonable spot size.

My design is two fairly dense walls of LEDs I've selected, out of hundreds, for their brightness and wavelength. Each wall will have 132 alternating red and blue LEDs pointed inward at the central two sided screen. They will be spaced such that their light spots will mix at about 50/50.

The screen will be hung in the center. It has a handle to remove it like a cartridge. The entire unit will be made of acrylic. The screen itself is a 1/4" acrylic sheet. To provide grip for the turf there are over 200 slots routed in each face. These slots should provide a hold for the turf preventing complete removal during a cleaning.

Here's the screen:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information