+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curious Newby

Curious Newby

Greetings, I've been addicted to this hobby for almost two years now so I'm still looking for advice. I'm getting lots of it, some good, some bad. I accidentally stumbled across this forum and was intrigued by the idea. I've always wondered why a system couldn't be run without a skimmer, and I actually found one LFS that has a tank set up. However, it isn't anything like I've seen here, just a huge refugium. Like lots of newbies I have gotten coral from here and there, and not realizing the importance of a quarantine tank got an extra bonus of Maidens Hair algae. After exhausting all options that I could find, I am now starting over with dead rock. I will have to discard a lot of coral which totally stinks, not to mention killing all the rock that I have now.

I have found that if I allow the Maidens Hair to grow in the fuge it decreases in the main tank. Also it seems that many people here have had similar experiences with hair algae. Will this work on Maidens Hair? Nothing else I've seen or tried has phased it.

Thanks,
    Robby

Administrator

Re: Curious Newby

A scrubber will probably beat it, if you build and operate the scrubber right.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information