+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Tank, New scrubber????

New Tank, New scrubber????

hello,

I have a question. I have just started my scrubber on my old tank. But, I am about to start a new bigger tank. My question is. When i set this up should i leave the lights on the tank off while i run my turf scrubber with the lights on? I figured that the aglae would ONLY grow on the scrubbber since there is no light provided in the tank. Is that right to think that?

Administrator

Re: New Tank, New scrubber????

You can leave the lights on.

okay, another question, what about a scrubber and mangrove filter? have the srubber leading the the sump with mangroves?

Administrator

Mangroves grow way to slow to do any filtering. Their growth is measure in inches per year, whereas algae is measured in doublings per day.

okay so i have this idea... i dont really like the idea of a sump. I am too new at this and everything here is in korean so i cant understand. So the tank i might get comes with an internal overflow and a pump at the bottom of the overflow that feeds back into the tank. What if i put a screen lining the inside of the overflow and a 36W CF inside the overflow? I was thinking about doing two, one in each corner. here is a pic of what they look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's wrong with a sump? Much easier to hide all your equipment and give you extra water volume. Those tanks look like they are already drilled to allow for the sump, or am I wrong?

yeah some of them are... this one probably is. But the one i get here is not that big. Probably 30G. And it has a whole at the bottom of the black plastic that pump is hooked up into. It's just really hard to get good information over here. Most of everything is in korean, and nobody speaks english. and to get american equipment over here i have to ship it internationally and also buy a down converter from my 220V electrical outlets.... it's the same idea from the picture if have on here. but smaller. also the only thing else in the tank would be the heater and wave maker.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah I see how the setup works now. You could always get equipment sent to you from Europe, we are 220- 240v and you wouldn't need to drop the voltage. That said, most of our stuff probably comes from over there ayway Failing that, eBay could be your friend to get equipment from China?

Mark

yeah i mean in theory, there would be four sheets that were, 3"X 12". with 36wats on both. I have no idea where to go to buy things from europe. Whats the ".com" for the europe? and i would suspect, just look on the back of the product.... and yeah i'm already buying some stuff from a chinease online store. Fish-street.com. I'm not sure whether or not it's legite but hey everything on the site is like 75% less than regular prices. i mean they have a cooler for like 100 bucks???????

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information