+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: DIY LED Scrubber Lighting Guidelines and Builds

Quote Originally Posted by atoll View Post
    I considered building my own LED unit but after research decided it was hardly worth the effort in truth after I found others are using these off eBay.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2217088853...%3AMEBIDX%3AITMy

leaflet box scrubber immediately after installation and prior to installing my LED units.

My screen size is 6" wide by 7" long.

One of mine mounted on my DIY supporting rig.

The two mounted on my sump in front and beghind of my leaflet scrubber. Skimmer cup removed to get a better shot of it.

A 10w version is just $12 and the 20w $23 They come with the right 650/660nm LED's and a couple of 440/450 blues. They are also splash proof, come with heat sink slim casings, mounting brackets and can be adjusted into different angles.
    Any update on growth from these lights? I am looking to re design my scrubber to a more encased design with LED's. For the price it would be cheaper to buy these than to build my own.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b4tn View Post
    Any update on growth from these lights? I am looking to re design my scrubber to a more encased design with LED's. For the price it would be cheaper to buy these than to build my own.
    Yes its working very well. After a series of different coloured alages growing I now have GHA all be it quite drak green. Here is a pic of the screen just prior to cleaning. taken a few weeks ago

This is a harvest of a small handfull today .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information