+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: howdy from the uk - day one

Wow Garf. That is some crazy growth. I dont know what my deal is all I get to grow on mine is Brown. I am comeing up on my 4th 7 day cleaning and still brown.
    I did notice that almost all my Cyno is about gone in my display tank tho... So maybe the green stuff is comeing...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole_lol View Post
    Wow Garf. That is some crazy growth. I dont know what my deal is all I get to grow on mine is Brown. I am comeing up on my 4th 7 day cleaning and still brown.
    I did notice that almost all my Cyno is about gone in my display tank tho... So maybe the green stuff is comeing...
    Mine took 10 or 11 weeks to get "crazy" so patience is vital. Curious about the cyano ! Have your nutrient levels gone below those considered limiting (ie "zero") with a brown screen.

Anyway, update from this weeks screen

This cycle was with UFO LED on the unharvested side

10 days

19 days

Edge (obviously)

UFO lights working, so gonna get another for the other side. Cfl's and blue (ish) tube on the harvested side for now.

No, My Nitrates are still sitting at 25ppm. I have been doseing a Bacteria Additive as one of my Local Fish Stores stated my Cyano could be from a bad bacteria cutlture and I needed to starve it out with a diffrent bacteria strain. But, my Nitrates stated at 75ppm or so I think. So its an improvement. I just ordered some leds to make a LED Fixture. So we will see what it does.

Banned
    Still running Bubbles On Screen Scrubber. Another 9 days gone. I am now harvesting the same amount every 9 days (cleaning 1 side at a time) than I was every 14 days (cleaning both sides at once). There is zero die off at the screen and the benefits of having constant filtering are self explanatory. The led UFO is also doing a good job so far;

19 days

9 days

Awesome growth you got there Garf

btw...whereabouts in uk are you ? near derby here

Banned
    With reference to the Photosynthetically Induced Phosphate Precipitation test;
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...ll=1#post29905
    Been running a few days now without running bubbles on the screen or skimmer. One noticeable problem is the pH swing in the sump. Scrubber lights on, pH goes to above 8.6 (calibrated probe). Scrubber lights off, pH drops to 7.72. Within 5 minutes of turning the scrubber lights back on, the pH gets to 8.00.That a massive swing in anyone's book. Gonna get a timer, to run my skimmer when the scrubber lights are off. Have now got the bubbles on a screen activated by the pH controller at >8.5.

Banned
    Another 10% increase in harvest @ 545 grammes. Running bubbles on the screen to maximise growth and reduce alk consumption for 5 days then turning the bubbles off for the 4 days prior to harvest and allowing the pH to increase with reference to this - http://algaescrubber...e-Precipitation

18 days

9 days

Amazing growth!!! 1 question the blue tang in your tank is it an Atlantic blue tang?

Banned
    Well, I knew him as a Carribean blue but seems Atlantic blue is the same, so yeah, your right. Ive got a couple of types of tangs;

Banned
    Oh yeah, and mr ugly;

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information